Ready to Find Employment?

Investigations & Fraud

May is Public Assistance Fraud Awareness Month and Allen County is spreading the work that Fraud Costs All of Us!


Allen County Job and Family Services takes allegations of public assistance fraud very seriously. We are committed to fighting fraud in our community, but we need your help.

How to Report Fraud

If you suspect fraud in Medicaid, Food Assistance, Ohio Works First (including cash assistance and workforce development programs), or Child Care, please fill out this form or report it to (419) 228-2120.  If you leave a voicemail, one of our investigators will follow up on your complaint.



How to report Welfare Fraud in Allen County

Verify Self-Employment Income

  • Call the IRS at 1-800-908-9946 to obtain an Official Tax transcript for the year in question and by completing the self-employment questionnaire.
  • Once completed, please submit to the Allen County Investigations Unit by:

Where is my Tax Refund?

Rights and Reporting Responsibilities

Program enrollment and benefit information booklet

Contact Us

Please use the following information to contact us regarding fraud and/or investigations:

Hotline: (419) 228-2120

Fax: (419) 999-0266